our second hadoop hackathon is ON!
This time, we are co-hosting with SuperHappyDevHouse (http://superhappydevhouse.org/w/page/63764306/SuperHappyDevHouse53)
And this is going to be in the new Hacker Dojo.
In the last hackathon, the focus was to help people get hadoop up and running. For this one, we will focus on learning Hadoop Map Reduce.
Here is the outline:
- we will learn map reduce concepts
- learn how to solve programs using mapreduce
- write Java mapreduce program and execute it on hadoop cluster
- talk about best practices ..etc
- developers who want to learn map reduce
Come Ready with:
- come with a WORKING hadoop environment. Your choices are
1) install hadoop on your laptop
2) download a virtual machine (VM) from Cloudera / HortonWorks / WanDisco
3) or setup a hadoop cluster on EC2 for the duration of class
- if you need help setting up Hadoop, please ping me before the hackathon; we will try to help you out
- Be comfortable programming in Java. Have your Java development environment ready. Either eclipse, or your favorite editor.
- come ready to learn and help others and have fun!