Big Data Gurus Message Board › Principal Engineer - Architect - San Jose
|Varun L B.||
We are looking for a hands-on architect / principal engineer to help us balance the functionality, reliability, and cost of the systems that drive our global products.
• Architect / design solutions for the projects ranging from Mobile applications to Infrastructure platform components.
• Work closely with business / product leaders to architect effective and efficient solutions.
• Develop strategies for deploying applications to efficiently solve Big Data processing requirement.
• Participate in the research, design and development of scaling strategies for our very large and growing data assets
• Algorithm Development, Back-End Automation, Problem Solving, Scalability Architecture and Large Scale Open Source Data Processing.
• Lead data strategy, design and architecture while providing guidance to the application development team on how to utilize the capabilities of different technologies.
• Establish analytics and decision support capability that enable the business, product and technology teams to make data-driven decisions on the best ways to acquire customers and maximize lifetime value
• Provide mentorship and guidance to technical team members.
• Create necessary architecture / design documentation on a wiki
• Work with leadership to define and improve development processes
• MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• 14 + years of software development experience with 5+ years of experience as technical architect/ lead designer
• Ability to develop and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems
• Strong expertise in Java and Java based technologies including strong hands-on skills
• Extensive experience in web services and restful services
• Extensive experience in developing multi-tiered Java web applications
• Experience in SOA architecture and implementation
• Ability to solve complex problems in a fast paced and dynamic environment with focus on maintaining high quality and standards.
• Able to work efficiently in teams and/or as an individual
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Hadoop and Map/Reduce .
• Working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Hbase, CouchDB, MongoDB
Mail resume to email@example.com