Big Data Week Message Board › Phew been a while but thought I would update you

Phew been a while but thought I would update you

Stewart T.
user 4087854
Manchester, GB
Good morning All

If you enjoyed BDW then look out for more events soon but in the meantime if you wish to see the video from the events globally then check out Big Data Week content and also the whitepaper showing how all the communities linked together, if you would like to get involved in our next event in October to speak or support then get in touch.
So after www.bigdataweek.com I took some time out from events but have been busy with Datakind UK and we now have our first event planned and would like to ask for your involvement (Disclaimer : Im one of the directors of DataKind UK)
Below is the email that has gone out to all interested parties, if you would like to help or support then sign up HERE

We’re really pleased to announce our first DataDive will be taking place on the weekend of 26-28 July at the Mozilla offices in central London, and would love to see you there.

The DataDive will involve working intensively with three selected charities, who’ll be chosen and announced around 10th June.

We’re also currently selecting our Data Ambassadors. Each charity will need one or more Data Ambassadors, who’ll work with them before the event to understand their data questions and get all the data in good shape, and to make sure during the event that the charity and the data geek volunteers are working together in perfect harmony. If you’d like to volunteer for this role and haven’t already been in touch about it, please drop us a line by 7th June (note that to do this role you’ll need to make sure you have time to engage with the charity in person at least a couple of times before the event!).

Regards

Stewart