Friends and Colleagues.
It has been too long! Time for another edition of BioBeers!
Please be certain to share the http://www.BioBeers.com invite link with your network.
See you at the TP !
And for those in the job market:
Lead international cross-functional responsibility for developing and executing the US and Canada research and development for biologicals. (PhD or DVM required)
GROWTH OPPORTUNITY (3-5 years) to VP Research & Development
This position is based in Iowa (paid relocation).
International cross-functional leader with responsibility for developing and executing the US and Canada research and development for biologicals; leading and managing of site resources, and establishment of effective domestic and some select international teams and alliances.
1. Manage and develop staff of veterinary professionals (veterinarians, PhD’s, IPL’s, and scientists) by engaging in hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, and defining and assigning responsibilities.
2. Lead research, development, stewardship functions and interactions with Marketing, Lead Finding and BD&L, to sustainably fill the R&D pipeline and expand the biologics portfolio domestically and internationally.
3. Establish and maintain effective partnerships with other business units, including Vaccines and Diagnostics, Vaccines for Global Health, NIBR, etc.
4. Represent our AH-US with USDA-APHIS as needed.
5. Set and oversee policies and procedures vital to business continuity and risk minimization.
6. Manage and allocate budgets, including capital projects and other resources within agreed upon targets.
7. Manage all the animal care facilities for the site including R&D and Tech Ops facilities
8. Responsible for ensuring all Quality and Animal Welfare activities and requirements are in Compliance with corporate and agency guidelines.