addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

BioCurious Message Board › Rockstars...What are you interested in??

Rockstars...What are you interested in??

Eric H.
user 7994813
Sunnyvale, CA
Hey I just want to tailor some of the contents of the class to the audenience so I can target the materials to your interests. So what parts of science are you interested in? What do you want to do?

Thanks for your input.

Eric
John K.
kern3020
Menlo Park, CA
Post #: 20
Hello Eric,

I've very excited about this course. I am a software engineer who has been studying this topic for just over a month.

Hey I just want to tailor some of the contents of the class to the audenience so I can target the materials to your interests. So what parts of science are you interested in? What do you want to do?

I am interested in understanding how sequences are compared and identified. Given two sequences how do I know they are the same species? Is it the same individual? Do they share an evolutionary ancestor? Given a unfamiliar sequence, how can I determine what species it is?

Regards,
John
John K.
kern3020
Menlo Park, CA
Post #: 21
Hello Eric,

Is there any software or data you recommend installing before the workshop?

Thanks,
John