BioCurious Message Board › Videotaping presentations

Videotaping presentations

Dan L.
user 13039804
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 1
I would like to suggest that BioCurious videotape its class presentations, with permission, and then make them available for viewing.

A few key reasons I can think of for this:
1. Schedule conflict: Many people are simply not available at the time of the scheduled classes. For example, I have to take my kids to his sport club on Saturday afternoon and therefore it is hard to me to attend most classes.
2. Always available: So that more people get to learn about the topic in the future even they miss the class at the time it is presented. Also, it is a good place to go back to for review. I already forgot most of what I learn during the classes I attended. I wish I could have something to look on the web at instead trying to contact the speaker to ask him question directly when I have a problem. The presentation could be supplemented with a webpage if necessary. This is the way to spread science.
3. An incentive to become BioCurious member: This video library could be made available only to group members for free or for a fee to nonmembers. I predict this will be a powerful tool to get people interested in the group and biohacking.

Please let me know you think this is a good idea.

Dangsheng Liang