BioCurious Message Board › deleted

A former member
Post #: 18
Campbell, CA
Post #: 2
All marketing talk and no data means I would dismiss it out of hand. Sorry. If you want credibility in the DIY community, or the scientific community for that matter, you must actually disclose what you did, and how you did it, not just platitudes about how it's going to change the world.

A former member
Post #: 65
Phil, I'm moving and have limited internet access. I'm concentrating on using it for stuff like job applications instead of evaluating your project.

user 11386899
Manhattan Beach, CA
Post #: 1
Utter BS where is the beef?
user 7440595
Alameda, CA
Post #: 2
Hi Phil,

No offense intended, but your website really doesn't do much to give us any reason to take you seriously. There's lots of crackpots out there that make grand claims about discoveries that are about to fundamentally change our way of life. I'm not saying that you're a crackpot as well, but on the other hand, you're not giving anything to make us believe you're not...

There's a couple of different ways you can get enough credibility to at least get a foot in the door. Here's a few:

1) Shows us your credentials: What's you educational background? What are your previous accomplishments in science? The fact that you don't seem to have any background in the skills that would be essential to achieve the results you're claiming (at the very least biochemistry, enzymatic assays, human cell cultures, etc.) seems very problematic.

2) Get somebody else with more credibility to vouch for you. You claim that a number of people have confidentially looked at the intellectual property involved with your technologies, and that "not one of them ever stated that [they] are in any way ridiculous, flawed, unrealistic, questionable or anything of a similar negative nature". Well - maybe they were just being polite. Get them to put an endorsement on your website, signed with their full name. Or even better - get them to recommend you to someone with more influence and credibility. If they're not willing to do so, I wouldn't count their opinion of your work any higher than I would count your mother's... (And no, your patent attorney doesn't count - a patent attorney only has to be convinced that you will pay him for his services, *not* that your patent has any validity.)

3) Show us some of your work! If you've worked on this for as long as you claim, I have no doubt that there are some details you can tell us, without giving away the main story. What methods did you use to arrive at your results? What are some specific examples people can check, where our current understanding of metabolic pathways is incomplete? What kind of experiments did you do to validate these results? None of this should jeopardize your chances of patenting your work in any way, and would go a long way to show the credibility of your work. Besides, if you've really "discovered the workings of up to 2 new pathways for many of the main biochemical systems", then you could simply pick the least important out of these dozens (hundreds?) of new pathways, and just release that one for free, as a sample of your work.