addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Birmingham Entrepreneurs Meetup Group Message Board › Starting something new...

Starting something new...

This message board is read-only.

Russell B.
user 76262642
Birmingham, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get involved in some new business projects. I'm 23, happy in my job with my own website launching later this year (Which will run self sufficiently).

However I'm extremely eager and determined to get involved in something else, my skills are primarily in strategy, marketing and sales and I would appreciate any opportunity to put my abilities to the test. I'm not looking for a part time job, or to get paid at all, just an opportunity to take a share in a new/existing project and develop it into something special.

In these boards I often see posts for entrepreneurial tips, advice or just links to relevant articles - So I'd be interested in any advice/experience any of you have, how did any of you meet other entrepreneurs or start a business venture? Are there any specific networking channels or website I should be keeping an eye on?

Thanks in advance, all comments welcome!

Russ
A former member
Hi Russ,

Good for you.
Happy to exchange ideas about internet sales and marketing.
If your MS Excel is good; at some point you could also help me out doing some hands on spreadsheets work
or assisting at presentations.

I'm starting up a completely innovative way of using game theory for innovative fundraising by lotto playing, that rewards players and raises more for causes the players may be involved with. For a sample of wins or funds that could be raised: e-mail smartplay@hotmail.co.uk (for the sample only - personal data is not used for anything else).
More info at
Twitter @163glps
or
http://uk-ed-lotto.yo...­

Faithfully
Patrick Heenan
LSFE - UK 'Education Lottery'
(in start-up)

Dan L.
user 65635112
Birmingham, GB
Hi Russ
What will your website be about?

I'm looking to launch a new product later in the year in the fitness arena and I'm looking to build an enthusiastic team, so would love to chat to you more.
Dan
www.theburdockband.co.uk­
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello Russ

I would be keen to have a chat as you could be a good fit for something I need

Dave