If you're more 6music than Heart FM, you prefer smaller more intimate venues to stadium gigs, original quirky sounds to tribute acts, have been to (or are interested in) festivals like Latitude, Greenman, Festival Number 6, and Moseley Folk, and want to be part of a music loving community, then this is the group for you!
The aim of this group is to share and enjoy seeing live acts with fellow music lovers. We run a couple of live music events per month (give or take!), plus a lively monthly social get together for drinks and chat. The social is run in conjunction with our sister group, the Birmingham Book Club.
We always aim to take a contemplative and selective (but inclusive) approach to choosing the events we put on.
• Members are positively encouraged to message the organisers with suggestions for gigs, which if they fit with the spirit of this group will be posted as events. Similarly we welcome and encourage bands/artists to approach us and let us know about your gigs.
• Members are welcome to email the group if you're going to a gig that's not listed as an event, to see if any other members are going, or would like to go to the same gig. Just email Birminghamemail@example.com
• If there's an event you would like to come to, buy yourself a ticket and join us on the night.
• Please RSVP so that other members know who/how many people are going to be there.
• The idea will be to meet up beforehand either in the venue bar or a nearby pub. To help members find the group more easily, I have a dedicated mobile number: 07549 675726. If you're having trouble finding the group/running late etc, please feel free to call me. (This isn't my personal mobile number, and will only be switched on when Gig Goers is running an event. If you need to contact me at any other time, please send me a message)
• If you're nervous of walking in alone and would prefer to be met at the door, please message the organisers who can arrange this for you.
• Members of any age are very welcome to be a part of the Gig Goers group. Some members have initially expressed concern at being "too old" for this group. Rest assured, if you love music you'll fit in and make friends!
• All members have the right to feel safe and untroubled as part of this group, so please note that unsocial or nuisance behaviour won't be tolerated, and will be dealt with. Similarly we recommend that members don't give out their mobile number/email address to members of any group until they know/trust them. Members can contact one another via the meetup site without their email address being seen.
If you have any questions or would like more information then please get in touch.