With so many new members in our meetup, this month's theme will be "Getting Started with Bitcoin" (or "Bitcoin for Dummies"). We will cover the basic steps in purchasing and holding your own Bitcoins. Steps include:
1. What is Bitcoin and understanding the technology?
2. Why buy them and what can I do with them?
3. How to store Bitcoins safely?
4. How to buy Bitcoins?
5. What to do with them once you have them?
6. Warnings and Disclaimers: Hoopla, Bitcoin zealots, scammers, HYIP, the frontier mentality, volatility, Bitcoin is experimental
We will have our usual Q&A and open forum.
Bring your ideas, questions, and even your laptop if you'd like to demonstrate an idea or website. We meet at the North Side Social in Arlington, very near the Clarendon Metrorail Station on the Orange Line. Parking is also easy to find. Please feel free to join us for the usual pre-meeting dinner at 6:30.