Click Here for Tonight's Agenda!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO OFFER YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR ANY AGENDA ITEMS NOT INCLUDED ABOVE!
See Everyone Tonight :)
Thanks to everyone who came out to the first event! I had a great time getting to know everyone, and hearing about each of your backgrounds and interests. What's most exciting to me is how apparent it is that everyone who attended the inaugural meetup understands the social implications of this amazing thing and wants to take part in sharing it far and wide. I can't wait to carry this momentum into our next event. Below are some goals I offered to the group at the last event:
• Talk at least one person or business into using or accepting BTC
• Share the group on social media accounts
• Bring someone to the next meetup (extra points for bringing members of the fairer sex! bitcoin needs you too, girls:)
There were so many great questions and concerns that arose from the discussion at the first meeting. I'll do my best to summarize the ones that stood out to me below, but please everyone, feel free to share others that are important to you or any I forgot.
• The Anonymity of Bitcoin
• Does bitcoin have flaws?
• Is bitcoin unregulated?
• Decentralized vs Distributed
• What are the best resources to buy/sell bitcoin?
• How can brick and mortar merchants accept/promote bitcoin?
• Strategies for outreach and publicity.
I posted this link to the Facebook group (please request to join here! I'll add you right away), so some of you may have seen it already. It's probably the most comprehensive analysis of bitcoin - implications, inner-workings, and all - that I've come across as yet. This article is of the longer variety, but I assure you it's well worth the read. Enjoy!
That's all I got, gang. Can't wait to see you all again in two weeks along with many new faces too, I hope :)
Stay in touch,