align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bitcoin 757 Meetup Message Board › Bitcoin Meetup Info

Bitcoin Meetup Info

Michael
user 76813932
Chesapeake, VA
This is an exciting time for Bitcoin.
We've witnessed over the last month or so a steady increase in Bitcoin acceptance among retailers, and we've seen several mainstream news articles about Bitcoin, although these have mainly been focused on the Silk Road websites which have been shut down due to illegal practices.
The trading value of Bitcoin has gone from around .05 cents to over $200 to around $100 and now at the $120's since its inception a few years ago.
Meanwhile Mt. Gox is still not directly trading in the sense that Bitpay is, and ASICS have finally begun arriving on people's doorsteps.
Not to mention Cloudhashing...
Interesting times.
We have a very dynamic environment with which to hold our next Hampton Roads Bitcoin Meetup.  We are meeting at a comfortable steakhouse in Chesapeake just off I-64.  The meeting is set at 8 p.m. because it allows those who work late (or have to put the kids down etc.) a chance to handle all that after work and still be able to meet up for a great discussion.  This is a completely casual meeting, and we hope you dress in whatever you would when hanging out with friends.
I will start the night by introducing myself, and then I will ask each of you to do the same.  After that, I will lead a discussion about Bitcoin which will begin with the absolute basics for even the most modest Bitcoin interests in the group, and then move to more advanced conversation about strategies and action plans that may be of interest to our group.  The overall feel of the meeting will be fun, relaxing, interesting and enlightening as we learn from our experiences and varied backgrounds.
I expect each member to arrive on time, and if you are running late my cell phone number is 757-903-1972.  Please call me if you are running late as a courtesy.
Lastly, please come with an open mind, as the entire idea of a meetup is to bring people together with common interests who may otherwise not become friends with one another due to things like demographics, age, education, interests etc.
Bitcoin is our common denominator, and I anticipate us all having a great time of sharing, learning and planning with one another.
-Michael