Have you heard that Dodd Frank will change real estate investing and put you out of business? Are all the scary predictions true? Or is the industry just trying to sell you more books, tapes and courses? As we affectionately refer to it, Dudd Funk became law on January 10, 2014 and there is lots of hype surrounding its implementation. Get the lowdown on what changes have really occurred, how they impact your investing business, and what to do now.
Rob Benson is a Senior Loan Officer and Branch Manager at Gladewater National Bank, and processes gazillions of loans (well, maybe not gazillions, but lots). He’ll give us the straight scoop on how we must change with the new laws, and what hasn’t changed at all.
You will hear:
· An overview of the new law so you know what the broad brush outline is
· How these laws impact your acquisition and exit strategies
· Whether lease options are truly dead, or simply on life-support
· The 8 criteria you must meet to legally provide seller financing
· How this impacts you if you are lending money
· What about borrowing? Is it harder now?
· What happens if you screw up and do it wrong? The fines and penalties
· How can you avoid the restrictions and still stay within the law
· What hasn’t changed and is business as usual
If you always buy with cash and always sell only to cash buyers, you can stay home and watch replays of the Super Bowl commercials. (You’ll miss our great networking, though.) But if you ever buy or sell using financing, then be sure to attend. This event was presented at Waltham on February 25 and we think it's important enough to cover at two events.