Dec 8, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
It's time for The Casual Foodie Club's Christmas Dinner! Please note that all pictures on this page are of course from last years dinner!
We're going back to The Folly, loved by our members for a great atmosphere, great service, and of course, great food!
We'll be ordering from The Folly's Christmas set menu, which is great value. Three courses are £28.95, three courses plus coffee and a mince pie is £32.95, and three courses with a glass of champagne is £35.95.
Your choices are as follows:
- Roasted carrot, sweet potato & cardamom soup w/ ciabatta
- Duck liver parfait w/ onion & kumquat chutney
- Prawn cocktail on baby gem leaf
- Roasted beetroot, goat’s cheese & rosemary tart w/ toasted chestnuts
- Roast loin of pork w/ braised red cabbage, potato purée & baby carrots
- Norfolk bronze turkey, stuffed w/ chestnut & sage, accompanied by seasonal roast vegetables & cranberry jus
- Roast Shetland Island salmon w/ new potato & roasted winter vegetable salad
- Grilled polenta w/ wild mushrooms, parmesan & pesto dressing
- Rich chocolate ganache tart w/ Cornish clotted cream
- Wilkin & Sons Tiptree Christmas pudding w/ brandy sauce
- Drunken Winter fruits in Auchentoshan single-malt whisky w/ tangerine cream
- Ilchester farmhouse cheddar w/ fresh grapes, chutney & oatcake biscuits
Of course, The Folly serves plenty of drinks for you to choose from as well!
The Folly is a great pub with a great atmosphere. They put so much effort into keeping the theming amazing throughout the regular season that their Christmas theming is sure to be amazing, and I'm really excited to see it - as well as try the food of course!
I would love to have lots of members come and celebrate Christmas with us! After the meet you are welcome to stay and have some drinks with us, either remaining at The Folly or moving on to a different bar depending on how we feel at the time.
Please note that the deposit is higher for this meetup than usual, because I have to pay The Folly upfront with a deposit. However do not fear, £10 of your deposit goes straight towards your food.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE TO GIVE OUR MENU CHOICES IN ADVANCE. You do not have to know them at this stage, but if you already know what you'd want, please save me time of chasing you down later and answer it when RSVPing now!