Join us for this Mega Meetup with Latino Startup Alliance and Women Who Code at the AT&T Mobile Hackathon. ***Register on the eventbrite at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2984806637/efbnen****
Black Founders member, Curtiss Pope, founder of AisleFinder and developer will be featured as a guest speaker. In addition, Black Founders, co-founder, Hadiyah Mujhid, will be available at the event to help with coding.
Are you a master at coding with HTML5 or looking to become one?
This special Mobile App Hackathon produced by the AT&T Developer Program, Facebook, and WAC is designed for attendees (technical & non-technical) to learn more about HTML5, build HTML5 mobile apps, get fed, and compete for some jaw dropping prizes including $20,000 for the best overall app and a special prize provided by Facebook for the team with the best social app. To help you build a winning app we will introduce you to the latest cutting edge tools so that you can easily deploy your own HTML5 app with a website backend, fully hosted in the cloud.
Even if you are new to HTML5, we will have live developer support from local senior developers as well as from AT&T and Facebook to help you code like a pro.
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekends agenda:
- 6PM - Friday Evening. AT&T Mobile App Hackathon. Kickoff event with drinks, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 10AM - Saturday Morning - AT&T Mobile App Hackathon. The fun continues with an all day hackathon. Work with the teams that you formed on Friday night to produce the app spec’d out the night before. Senseis will be available throughout the entire event to help you code up your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 7PM.
- 7PM - Saturday Evening. Promptly at 7PM, teams will begin pitching their ventures. Pitches are limited to three (3) minutes per team.
- Best Overall HTML5 App
- 1st Place - $20,000 and app featured in AT&T HTML5 AppCenter
- Best Social HTML5 App
- 1st Place – App featured in AT&T HTML5 AppCenter & TBA accelerator prize provided by Facebook
Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality of idea
- 33% Weight - Use of Node.JS, Sencha, cloud9ide.com, Heroku, and other technologies
****Register for this event on eventbrite http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2984806637/efbnen****