Bloggers, Authors, Kindle Writers & Podcasters of Vancouver Message Board › Why not meet virtually?

Why not meet virtually?

A former member
Post #: 4
Given that we are all involved in being creative on line with writing and podcasting, why not meet virtually. There are many platforms to use for having a group gathering. I'm in White Rock, so that would suit me better..anybodysmile else have thoughts???smile
Linda L. R.
user 42958752
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
While I totally get what you're saying, in fairness there are already many forums that speak to the needs of those whose desire is for virtual interaction. There are even sub-groups of those groups for discussing even the most esoteric points of every aspect of our mandate. IMHO, the whole point of MeetUp is to foster human exchange and interaction. Sure: we can do gobs of learning online, but that's not why you're part of MeetUp. Sometimes it is just super nice to meet face-to-face, not only for learning, but also for laughter and -- as will be the case in tomorrow night's MeetUp, for a pint. (Which is certainly more difficult to share virtually!)

Now all of that said, I appreciate that our area of coverage is potentially very large. We've been working on finding new venues so that we can vary our meeting places enough so that the burden of traveling is not always on just a few.
A former member
Post #: 5
Nice response...thank you.smile