Bluegrass Canoe and Kayak Group Message Board › Trip report - Green River

Trip report - Green River

dan b.
user 23933082
Glasgow, KY
Post #: 18
I solo paddled the Green River on 6-20-13 from the mouth of Lynn Camp Creek to the 31E access point (aka Rio Bridge). This section of the river is commonly known as the 300 Springs Paddle and the springs were at full flow. The Munfordville gauge was just over 5' which provided a noticeable current but nothing to concern even a first timer. I don't know the distance but I kept a leisurely pace and completed the trip in 3.5 hours including two stops. Serious paddlers in serious boats should consider extending this trip to Munfordville which would approximately double the distance. The river was clean and I saw nothing man made except for the Rio Bridge near the take out. The put in is a concrete Fish & Wildlife ramp about 3 miles east of 31 E on KY 566 and the take out is a concrete Fish & Wildlife ramp just downstream of the 31E Rio Bridge on Glen Lily Rd. with plenty of parking at each end. The shuttle is an easy and simple 5 miles.
Don P.
user 13711758
Group Organizer
Nicholasville, KY
Post #: 98
Would have loved to have done, especially the longer trip. Would rather not do with the multitudes that usually sign up for the short trip on Meetup. Bet I know a few others who would too. Who did you get to be your shuttle bunny?
dan b.
user 23933082
Glasgow, KY
Post #: 19
Wife did shuttle duty. I hear you. Let's get the old gang together and do Lynn Camp Creek to Munfordville sometime. I'm also going to reconnoiter the 17.2 mile section immediately upstream of this section as opportunity permits. I'll post a report on it. This is great paddling down here.