Burgers Beer & Board Games Message Board › Meetup details changed: Beer & Board Games

Meetup details changed: Beer & Board Games

Victor R.
user 11315202
Lafayette, CO
Hi all,

We're making some changes to this meetup group and would like to keep everyone apprised.  We will be meeting at members' homes for awhile, NOT at Miller's Grille any longer.  We may eventually find another public meeting place, but for now, we will be rotating between various homes.  This week we'll be at my (Victor's) home in Lafayette.  I'm just a few minutes away from Miller's Grille, pretty close to Baseline and Highway 287.

What this means for you: no more $20-$30 tabs for food and drink!  Instead, we'll be asking for folks to bring something to share, potluck style, and BYOB.  I'm not much of a cook but will tend to have chips/dip/salsa on hand when hosting here.  Because the location is likely to change from week to week, make sure to check the meetup for details.

Also, we may have to cap the RSVP's since space will be more limited than it was at Miller's Grille.  I know several of you tend to come to the meetups without RSVPing.  It was never really an issue before, but depending on the space we have to work with at various people's homes and the number of people who come (we're hoping to get more folks involved now that we're not meeting at a restaurant), we may need to have a clearer picture of how many to expect each night, so PLEASE RSVP!  My place is awesome for gaming (if I do say so myself) and can hold 26 easy.

Please let us know what you think of this new arrangement!  We're hoping it will be more appealing and will boost attendance.  Also, If you're interested in hosting a meetup at your home, please contact me.

By the way, this week, our meetup happens to fall on Halloween!  Costumes are encouraged!

Happy gaming,

Victor