Melbourne Boardgames group (party and strategy games) Message Board › Australian Maths Trade = Announcements

Australian Maths Trade = Announcements

Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 3
Maths Trade now open for entries:
http://boardgamegeek....­

This is your opportunity to trade unwanted games for other games or cash and also acquire other games either for cash or trade of games.

Deadlines:

smile Add items to the list by: 10pm Sunday 20th May 2012. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Official item list posted by: 10pm Wednesday 23th May 2012. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Want Lists Due By: 10pm Sunday 27th May 2012. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Want list submission via GeekMail to Friendless

smile Official Results Posted By: 6pm Wednesday 30 May 2012. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

There really is no leeway for that, as people may need to get their games to a willing 'games mule' attending BorderCon.

Packing tips:
- Make sure the game contents are secure insidethe game and won't shift around.
- Place the game in a plastic bag to prevent water damage (in the event it is left out in the rain).
- Make sure there's cushioning around all side of the game.
- Use a proper box. (Auspost "ToughBags" won't prevent crushing.)
- Make sure the box is properly taped up.
- Make sure the address is clear and won't get torn off.

smile This trade is open to Australian BGGers only.

smile This trade is open to board games, expansions, card games, game accessories, RPG, video games and the like. Please don't add anything else. If you intend to allow a game to be exchanged for cash (i.e. you're selling), please include the amount you will accept for it in the price. You may consider compare current market prices (ebay, BGG, local shop)

smile In ALL cases, SENDER PAYS SHIPPING. Even if you're selling a game for cash, SENDER PAYS SHIPPING. Even to Perth or Townsville or Hobart. So, make sure you set your price high enough that you would be happy to pay shipping to anywhere else in Australia out of that money.

smile Consider the Australian Post option of flat-rate box previously suggested. More details here.
Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 4
Maths trade closes in 11 days !!!!

Your opportunity to acquire cheaply some games at a fraction of their original cost or trade some of those unused games. Need any help or info, PM me. Over past two years I have acquired a number of games at $20 and $30 cash bid prices rather than the normal $60, $80, $100 type prices.

My tip, do your research first before making a cash bid.
Ben
Ben_Turner
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 59
*stares at it for 5 minutes*

Yeah, partly it's after-work, I'm tired, and generally a little tight on spare-gaming cash anyway these days. So those are all "factors" that might add up to... IReallyDon'tGetIt :(

Suspect it's quite awesome, from your description. Maybe I'll look again and try and figure it out again when I've more energy...
Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 5
Happy to help out with a sample want list, and I know how mind numbing it can be, the last one had about 1100 items up for grabs (some withdrawn) and I spent hours going through it. Ultimately, its a computer algorithm that makes certain we get the most possible number of trades possible and last time was 534 trades (just over 50% from traded).

Last time I traded a game which had been traded to previously and never played for a game which has now been played, along with acquiring 2 more games for a total of $35.00. Only one of items was sent by AusPost, the rest was hand delivered within the gaming community.

In essence, it's in sections:
i) Groupings to protect against getting duplicates of same game;
ii) Game I was offering and all possible things I would take in return;
iii) Cash bids for games;
iv) Overall cash limit.

My trade list last time (highlighted is the parts that were successful), codes are added to list after list closes. there are tools listed at the maths trade to help build and verify lists.

(Moose_Head) %DREAM: 020-DREAM
(Moose_Head) %TROYE: 010-TROYE 831-TROYE
(Moose_Head) %RAILR: 011-RAILR 222-RAILR
(Moose_Head) %STONE: 085-STONE 186-STONE 772-STONE
(Moose_Head) %GHEOS: 096-GHEOS 444-GHEOS 570-GHEOS
(Moose_Head) %DUCKG: 097-DUCKG 933-DUCKG
(Moose_Head) %CLANS: 102-CLANS 557-CLANS
(Moose_Head) %SABOT: 111-CARDS 265-SABOT
(Moose_Head) %OASIS: 288-OASIS 673-OASIS
(Moose_Head) %FUNNY: 327-FUNNY 519-FUNNY 694-FUNNY
(Moose_Head) %CAROL: 343-CAROL 938-MAGNU
(Moose_Head) %MALLW: 382-MALLW 555-MALLW
(Moose_Head) %MASON: 433-MASON 494-MASON
(Moose_Head) %VEGAS: 439-VEGAS 758-VEGAS
(Moose_Head) %ZOMBI: 464-ZOMBI 624-ZOMBI
(Moose_Head) %ARTEM: 481-ARTEM 482-BOOKS
(Moose_Head) %TOBAG: 487-TOBAG 577-TOBAG 741-TOBAG
(Moose_Head) %TIKAL: 488-TIKAL 542-TIKAL 851-TIKAL
(Moose_Head) %FORBI: 680-FORBI 904-FORBI
(Moose_Head) %WONDA: 718-WONDA 820-WONDA
(Moose_Head) %MONKY: 793-MONKY 1027-MOTMN
(Moose_Head) 081-SHERW: %TROYE %STONE %TOBAG %DREAM 166-MACAO %RAILR %GHEOS %TIKAL 287-CHIEX %VEGAS %MASON 514-AMUNR 532-ATLAN 348-ORIGO 891-CATSA %CLANS 479-MONDO 562-ARKAD 604-YSPAH 636-STRAS 672-CLASH 674-TROLL 696-ALHAM 759-NIAGR 771-ENDEA %WONDA $35
(Moose_Head) $30: %TOBAG 636-STRAS
(Moose_Head) $25: %STONE
(Moose_Head) $25: 166-MACAO
(Moose_Head) $25: %TIKAL 287-CHIEX
(Moose_Head) $20: 761-TOCTC
(Moose_Head) $20: 759-NIAGR
(Moose_Head) $20: %MASON %VEGAS 674-TROLL
(Moose_Head) $20: 891-CATSA 532-ATLAN
(Moose_Head) $20: %OASIS 332-SJUAN
(Moose_Head) $20: %DREAM %CAROL 500-FLOOR 865-HTMYF
(Moose_Head) $20: 348-ORIGO 479-MONDO 604-YSPAH
(Moose_Head) $20: %RAILR %GHEOS 514-AMUNR
(Moose_Head) $15: 1004-SUMER %CLANS %FUNNY 710-ADUCT
(Moose_Head) $15: 1008-CBALL 146-TURNT 328-HANGI
(Moose_Head) $15: 1020-ASHIP 254-FAMIL 262-HEBRU
(Moose_Head) $10: %MALLW
(Moose_Head) $10: 389-WAITA
(Moose_Head) $10: %SABOT %DUCKG
(Moose_Head) $7: 1001-BKITO
(Moose_Head) LIMIT: $100

Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 6
Maths Trade now Closed for entries: (Click on link) http://boardgamegeek....­

Even if you have not placed games in the trade, you can bid with cash and maybe grab yourself a bargain.
You will need to register as a user on Board Game Geek.

Deadlines:

smile Official item list posted by: 10pm Wednesday 23th May 2012. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Want Lists Due By: 10pm Sunday 27th May 2012. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

Sample of Ca$h only want list: (Puerto Rico, Trivial Pursuit, Roborally, Pandemic)
(Moose_Head) %TRPUG: 0060-TRPUG 0360-TRPUG
(Moose_Head) %PUERR: 0133-PUERR 0536-PUERR
(Moose_Head) %ROBOR: 0185-ROBOR 0247-ROBOR
(Moose_Head) $25: %PUERR
(Moose_Head) $15: %TRPUG
(Moose_Head) $25: %ROBOR
(Moose_Head) $20: 0156-PANDE
(Moose_Head) LIMIT: $60

p.s. whilst this is a realistic want list, it is not mine, though indicative of what I might use if these were the games I wanted.
Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 12
Year End Maths Trade now open for entries:
http://boardgamegeek....­

This is your opportunity to trade unwanted games for other games or cash and also acquire other games either for cash or trade of games.

Deadlines:

smile Add items to the list by: 10pm Sunday 6 January 2013 (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Official item list posted by: 10pm Wednesday 9 January 2013 (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Want Lists Due By: 10pm Sunday 13 January 2013 (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Official Results Posted By: Wednesday 16 January 2013 (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

There really is no leeway for that, as people may need to get their games to a willing 'games mule' attending CanCon.

Packing tips:
- Make sure the game contents are secure inside the game and won't shift around.
- Place the game in a plastic bag to prevent water damage (in the event it is left out in the rain).

smile This trade is open to board games, expansions, card games, game accessories, RPG, video games and the like. Please don't add anything else. If you intend to allow a game to be exchanged for cash (i.e. you're selling), please include the amount you will accept for it in the price. You may consider compare current market prices (ebay, BGG, local shop)

smile In ALL cases, SENDER PAYS SHIPPING. Even if you're selling a game for cash, SENDER PAYS SHIPPING. Even to Perth or Townsville or Hobart. So, make sure you set your price high enough that you would be happy to pay shipping to anywhere else in Australia out of that money.

smile Consider the Australian Post option of flat-rate box previously suggested. More details here.
Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 13
Australian Year End Maths Trade 2012 has now closed for new entries.

Opportunities exist to bid with cash for board games. More info at: http://boardgamegeek....­

Sample Want List bidding with cash with duplicate protection at top and cash limit protection at the bottom.
(Moose_Head) %VEGAS-15364: 2366859-VEGAS 2387976-VEGAS 2447435-VEGAS 2456192-VEGAS
(Moose_Head) %OASIS-9027: 2366865-OASIS 2370481-OASIS 2386584-OASIS 2398807-OASIS 2454314-OASIS 2456142-OASIS
(Moose_Head) %PUERR-3076: 2366887-PUERR 2387975-PUERR

(Moose_Head) $20: %VEGAS-15364
(Moose_Head) $20: %OASIS-9027
(Moose_Head) $20: %PUERR-3076
(Moose_Head) $30: 2366932-RAOTW
(Moose_Head) $20: 2370542-SANTI

(Moose_Head) LIMIT: $50

Good Luck in your bidding.
Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 16
The Australian Mid Year 2013 Maths Trade is now open for entries: (See BGG Maths Trade Geeklist)

What is a Maths Trade ? (See BGG Wiki - Aussie Maths Trade)

Deadlines:

smile Add items to the list by: 10pm Sunday 26 May 2013. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Official item list posted by: 10pm Tuesday 28 May 2013. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Want Lists Due By: 10pm Friday 31 May 2013. EST (SYD/CBR) Australian Time

smile Official Results posted at Friendless discretion from: Sunday 2 June 2013

There really is no leeway for that, as people may need to get their games to a willing 'games mule' attending BorderCon.

Packing tips:
- Make sure the game contents are secure inside the game and won't shift around.