add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Melbourne Boardgames group (party and strategy games) Message Board › More weekend gaming in the city at Games Laboratory

More weekend gaming in the city at Games Laboratory

Melbourne, AU
Post #: 153
Hi all,

As a Eurogames at the Royal Standard regular, I have been keen to find a weekend venue to play bigger / longer games at, and last year started up a group via Facebook to meet at Games Laboratory on a monthly basis.

I had resisted posting anything on the group as I was running these sessions in tandem with Cafe Games, such that we had a venue to play longer strategy games in during the day, then often moving over to the Cafe Games all play session in the evening to meet up with the most excellent crowd that it continues to draw.

However, a number of people have asked over the last two months if we might run these meetings on different days, to enable them to attend both. So for the next few sessions I'm going to be running the gaming sessions toward the end of the month, avoiding Cafe Games and offering another weekend group for those who can't get enough gaming at Cafe Games.

If this change becomes more permanent, I look into moving the group onto meetup, but for now the invites are posted via Facebook at https://www.facebook....­

The group is used 90% just for posting event dates, with the occasional announcement or post, but is intended to be quite low volume traffic. For those not on Facebook - apologies - it's the only free event hosting platform easily available to me at this time.

It would be fair to say that all levels and types of games are played at these meetings - myself, I like to use them to run longer games that I cannot play during the week - but others are content to play shorter card games and some social games. It is not as formally run as Cafe Games or Eurogames at the Royal Standard, but does attract a good core crowd of friendly gamers (many from this group) and we would love to have you on board some time.

Our next session is March 29th, and every four weeks after that.
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 172
Just a note to say our next meetup is this coming Saturday (31st May) and all are welcome!

Details as above and more info on the Facebook group. Meant to ask Chris about posting an actual event, but real life distracted me too much!