addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boards and Brews Message Board › New Boards and Brews North Venue Suggestions

New Boards and Brews North Venue Suggestions

Drey M.
Drey
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
I've received quite a few suggestions for venues. I'll post my thoughts here:
A Denny's/Breakfast Place/Bagel Shop - I think that, in general, people will be wanting to have dinner around 7PM rather than breakfast. Also, these types of places do not typically serve beer.
The Draughthouse - I recall the place being pretty dark without a lot of large indoor tables.
Black Star Co-op - I've only been there once, but, like Pint House Pizza, it felt like an uncomfortable place to play board games. I couldn't imagine someone playing Battlestar Galactica on one of those narrow tables.
Nomad - Geeks Who Drink already meets there on Thursday nights. Not sure if there would be room for two large groups.
Billy's on Burnet - I will have to check it out. Sounds like a good venue.
Sherlock's - I may have to revisit Sherlock's on a Thursday evening, but I remember it being really dark and that back room was used for live music.
Rockin' Tomato North - Closed
BB Rover's - I think that is too far north.
3rd Base - May also be too far north.
Silver Creek - I could not find any restaurant or bar by that name.
Newk's Cafe - I will check it out.
Pizza Bistro North - I will check it out.
Big Daddy's (on Wednesday instead of Thursday) - The majority of the people who voted on a day picked Thursday. Less than half picked Wednesday.
Gatti's Pizza - I don't think they serve beer.
la Madeleine (Arboretum) - They close at 10, which might be an issue for some games. Otherwise I might check it out.
Mangia Pizza - I will check it out.
Jeff S.
JeffShald
Georgetown, TX
Post #: 12
Beer and Cookies Book Group meets at Cafe Express, 3418 N Lamar Blvd, 512-452-9888. Two separate private rooms available. One small, with a large table, and one large with several small tables. Quiet, serves beer and food. I think they close at 10:00. I don't think Beer and Cookies has a regular night they meet. Thursdays might be available.