Bodhi Meditation with Nan - Join with an open heart.http://www.meetup.com/Bodhi-Meditation-with-Nan-Join-with-an-open-heart/http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/6/6/0/global_228822592.jpeg20121216
1). It channels universal energy rather than working with what’s within one person. It transcends the genetic and physical limits of just one being by relying and drawing energy from the entire universe.
2). The entire human body is the receiver of this energy. The energy’s effects on the body do not rely on certain meridian paths or pressure points of the body, which are the common requirements for many types of the Qi Gong practices.
"From the very moment that I met Nan , I knew that she was going to be someone very special to me! I met her at the Navel expo in November 2012. I had been looking for someone to teach me to meditate at that time, and the moment I joined her and a small group of people at the expo, i immediately began to feel the energy and power of Nan...I could see all the colors of my chakras, like a light show inside of me,and felt intense energy that was what i would describe as healing love. She is truly an amazing and gifted soul !!!"" Bonnie, Bodhi Meditation @ the Navel Expo November 2012
Meditation has been used successfully in conjunction with conventional medical treatments.
In the Western medical world, it has already been applied to treat the following:
1. Addiction-related issues, ranging from behavior awareness to withdrawal symptom management for narcotics, nicotine, and alcohol dependencies
2. Cancer-related issues
3. High blood pressure: a report from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) recommends meditation as one of the primary treatments for high blood pressure
4. HIV-related issues
5. Menopausal symptoms
6. Pain issues and responses
7. Stress, anxiety and depression
The practice of Bodhi methods benefits both the body and the mind.
Physical benefits of Bodhi Meditation may include:
1. The regulation of arterial and nervous system disease (e.g., fatigue, headaches, insomnia, nervous breakdown, etc.)
2. Amelioration of lower back and spinal pain, numbness of the extremities, rheumatism and neurovascular illness
3. Improvement of liver, gallbladder, spleen, stomach and kidney function, as well as relief from diseases of the internal organs
4. Treatment of allergies
5. Notable improvements in overall physical condition and general appearance, including weight control
6. The clearing of mental distractions and impurities, facilitating the emergence of seemingly inexplicable abilities
7. The occurrence of a state in which, without intending so, a practitioner becomes unable or unwilling to eat, yet is relaxed and full of energy – it is known as "spontaneous fasting"
The psychological and spiritual benefits of Bodhi Meditation may include:
1. Increased patience and willpower
2. Increased mental agility and task proficiency
3. An improved ability to remain calm and emotionally grounded
4. A broader, more open heart, increased initiative and enthusiasm, plus greater motivation to help others
If you can open your heart and relax your mind you will find this form of meditation beneficial to your health and spiritual well being.
"I have tried many different forms of meditation and yoga over the years. Though I have experienced some positive changes practicing over the years I never felt committed to practice on regular basis. Nan takes it to a whole other level. How and why? All I can say is you have to experience it for yourself. There is power in simplicity,love, and truth. Despite some language barriers(which are minor) You can feel her love and healing energy. Open your mind and see with a different set of eyes. I highly recommend her special Saturday classes." Michelina (Bodhi Meditation class Saturday November 15, 2014)
"Bodhi meditation has a focus on healing energy, you can experience this at each session. Much higher level of meditation in group than I can achieve doing my own practice. I was very happy to find a meditation group that was focused on bringing together community members to practice meditation. Bodhi meditation is unique because they offer free sessions to the community. Nan is a wonderful teacher, and very compassionate person. You can sense that she has extensive experience in oriental medicine including acupuncture, herbal medicine, and energy healing,. Thank you Nan. ” Joe (Bodhi Meditation class Wednesday October 29, 2014)
"Nan was quite the leader. She was funny, informative, and most of all, good at what she does. The class was well attended. I'd say there were 70 persons in the large room. The entire event ran from 6:45 to 8:40, nearly two hours. It didn't seem too long since about half of that time, our eyes were shut!" Alex (Bodhi Meditation NYC class Tuesday November 12, 2013)
"I was at Nan's Tuesday meditation meeting--the energy is wonderful! I came in with stomach pain which was almost completely gone after a few minutes of the meditation. Wonderful feelings of oneness and connection!" Pam (Bodhi Meditation NYC class Tuesday October 22, 2013)
"It was enlightening!!! Every time I practice Bodhi meditation, it feels like my Chi increases more and more! Thank you everyone for sharing this to NYC." Javoski (Bodhi Meditation NYC class Friday September 13, 2013)
"Nan emits healing energy -- the meditation is wonderful" Linda (Bodhi Meditation NYC class Friday September 13, 2013)
"Very calming and energizing. I did not have any negative thoughts or worries last night in bed like I always do. I felt my mind was clear. I will definitely go to another class" Dee (Bodhi Meditation NYC class Friday September 13, 2013)
"I Walked In With Lower Back Pain, Listened, Opened My Heart And Relaxed My Mind And Walked Out Feeling Better Than I Have In Almost Two Weeks. Thank You So Much. Looking Forward To Friday's " Ed (Bodhi Meditation NYC class Tuesday July 30, 2013)
"It was an amazing experience, Nan, you are truly a master. Can't wait to check out more of your classes!" Dan (Bodhi Meditation NYC class Tuesday July 23, 2013)