add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Bohemian's Back Message Board › Next step ?

Next step ?

Omar M.
San Diego, CA
Post #: 16
Like Pedro said, many of us are stuck in a vicious autopilot work-consume-sleep cycle, some others are in a complete trance. We hardly have the time to reflect on the high level state of our condition and where we are headed as a nation, or specie for that matter. It would be a worthy exercise to sit down as a group and hash out the truly most pressing issues we are faced with today, and come up with a list of general topics that can serve a springboard for future discussions. The trick will be not to fall in the trap of the "predictable dichotomies / camps". This list, once refined, can serve as a group's manifesto. I understand that this is not an activist group, but I'd love to see us get past debating, get consensus, apply a thinktank mentality and set some intentions an write them down. Some novel writers and movie directors come up with great future visionary concepts under the pretense of science fiction, but inside they want to change the world. There is no reason why we can't be serious, passionate and have a good time, and yes... feel that we can change the world too. It's too easy to be cynical and give up.

Can you bring a couple of your highest pressing issue, and some facts to educate the rest of the group ? Then we begin :)

user 3731682
San Diego, CA
Post #: 62
I've been looking for the next step. I think that if we can keep a conversation going that is great, but to make a difference is truly rewarding. Looking forward to discussing this more in the future. Thanks Wally for the link you emailed http://www.longnow.or...­