Come Celebrate BAS' 5th Anniversary!
Here's where we stand on food as of 7-17 @ about 1:00pm:
Cathy - Hamburgers
Mimi - Wings
Derek - Pulled Pork
Rose Ann - Burgers
Kevin - Meats (?)
Dan P – Weenies
Rose Ann - Buns
Dan P - Hot dog buns
Rick - Potato Salad/Crab Salad
Cindy - Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken App
Jana - Deviled Eggs
Ryan - Tater Tot casserole
Wendy - Side Dish
Paul - Baked Beans
Mary - Brownies
Wendy C – Dessert
Wendy – Waters
Heather - Watermelon
Todd - Watermelon
Rebecca - Fruit
George - 2 Veggie Trays
Heather - Ice & Coolers, Tent
Dan P - Frisbee
MoJo - Soccer Balls
Randy - Grill
BAS officially turned 5 years old this year on June 8! Can you believe it??
In celebration our illustrious founder, Diane, and I would like to extend an invitation to all members to join us at Municipal Park in Boise (map attached) for a family-friendly Pot-Luck BBQ, games and plain old good time!
Diane and I are willing to bring our BBQ’s (though if someone has one that they are willing to bring, all the better! Mine is a little on the small side.) Diane said she has a box in her garage with lots of paper plates, napkins and plastic utensils. I think the volleyball crew have a pretty good base of condiments, but if whomever has that food box will email me a list, that would be great! Instead of trying to cover every possible food item, I thought I would list by food by categories. If you’d rather, you can message me as to which category of food you’re planning on bringing I will keep a list and update this post periodically so everyone doesn’t get bombarded with email updates. Here are the categories as I see them (feel free to message additions or go outside the “box”):
1. Meats/Main Dishes
2. “Main Dish Sidekicks” (Buns, lettuce, tomato slices, etc.)
3. “Hot” sides
4. “Cold” sides/Salads
6. Beverages (I’m thinking waters and other non-alcoholic beverages here)
8. “Other” (You know, those things that are always needed at things like this… Ice, Garbage Bags, Paper Towels, Coolers, etc.)
I have a volleyball set that I will bring, and Diane has a fun/silly relay race for us to play, but I would love to have a couple of volunteers to help co-ordinate a few other game activities! Please let me know if this is something you would be willing to do! Volunteers would be appreciated for the following activities:
1. Set-Up (we get the part at 5:00pm, but there will be a group using the facility before)
2. BBQ duty
3. Game co-ordination
5. Music (would any of our musical BAS members be willing to bust out some acoustic tunes?)
One of the things I love the most about the BAS group is how well everyone pulls together!
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
1. Your Pot Luck item
2. Lawn Chair/Blanket (Unless you’re okay with sitting in the grass or trying your luck with a spot that the picnic tables)
3. Your own alcoholic beverages if desired in NON-GLASS Containers (Park Rule)
4. Sunscreen! (It’s bound to be a hot, sunny day!)
5. Bug Repellant (We have the park until 9:00 and it IS fairly close to the river, so better safe than sorry!)
6. A great attitude and desire to have fun!
FINALLY… some rules to be aware of:
Glass containers are not allowed in the park. Dogs are not permitted in Municipal Park. Parking is limited and on a first-come first-serve basis; carpooling is encouraged! Smoking is not permitted in Boise Parks. The park closes at Sunset, but our facility reservation is only until 9:00pm. BAS as a group wants to encourage members to be responsible when imbibing. Please make sure you are being safe and let’s watch out for each other. If you suspect someone has had too much to drink, please don’t let them drive. This is a family-friendly event, so please be respectful. And parents, we want your little ones to be safe, so please keep an eye on your kiddos.
Let’s make this a really special celebration for our group! Please plan on attending – We want to see YOU!
Diane & Cathy