addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Book Publishing Discussion Group Message Board › Anyone looking to get together outside scheduled meetups?

Anyone looking to get together outside scheduled meetups?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Everyone:

I'm new here and have been desperately searching for a local, live writing group. I'm located in Trumbull CT and am wondering if anyone would be interesting in meeting once a month for critting/discussion outside of the regularly scheduled meetups. Sat am/Sun afternoons works best for me as for most evenings or even after 1pm during the week. We can all pick a place and meet halfway if it's convenient.

Thanks!!
Elena
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Elena:

Sounds great. I have been working at getting a few meetings set up closer to Fairfield County. I lined up a great place in Milford - Cafe Atlantique. They have a nice private room that can accommodate up to 25 people that we can have anytime with only a couple of days notice. Also, they have great coffee and a really good menu. I spoke to Jan about it and she is going to get back to me in a few days as she was on vacation. But I would love to get as many meetings in as possible. I recently moved back to CT from the Raleigh, NC area where we had meetings available almost everyday. I recently started a literary agency and I am finishing my book - "My Cross To Bear." See if you can get any feedback or interest as well and let me know.

Jeffrey A. James
203-913-8450
Rob
user 7132401
Stratford, CT
I'm game! I'd love to meet a little more often.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Jeff:

Thanks for the welcome. Milford in July sounds great. Would have to be a Saturday for me, though. I hope more people are interested.

Elena
A former member
How does Sunday June 27th in Milford sound? If there is enough interest, I can schedule the meeting place - Cafe Atlantique. Anytime is good for me, so mention a time with your reply. Thanks.
A former member
Post #: 4
I may have to hold off for now. Got some work stuff that's taking priority
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Everyone!

How does Sunday June 27th in Milford sound? If there is enough interest, I can schedule the meeting place - Cafe Atlantique. Anytime is good for me, so mention a time with your reply. Thanks.
Laura
user 11609838
Redding, CT
Post #: 1
Hello Elena:
I will have to hold off until the fall because I am in upstate NY for the summer.
Please keep me informed though!
Thanks!
Laura