Books for the Thinkers Message Board › Book announcements?

Book announcements?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi - I would so love to come to a discussion soon, but I keep seeing the postings for the next meeting only a week or so before. For the slow readers (and procrastinators!), would it be possible to post these closer to a month in advance?
Ryan S.
user 13907846
Byron Center, MI
Post #: 1
Mohan would be in a better position to respond.

But, figured I would chime in and give you an idea of how the club has been operating.

When a book is selected we hold two meetings to discuss the book. The first meeting it is presumed you have started the book, but you have not necessarily finished.

The second meeting is when the entire book is discussed. Also, the second meeting is when the next book is selected and potential dates for the next month discussed. So, showing up and participating is the best way of being informed.

One meeting is generally held on a Wednesday (7:00-7:30 start) at a restaurant. The second meeting has, again generally, been held in someone's home on a Saturday (noon start).

My recommendation would be to show up tonight (if possible). You will not be the only one to have not started the book, and few if any will have finished it. Or, shoot to have the book read for meeting #2, come to that and be a part of the discussion for what book should be read next, and what dates work best for everyone in September.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks, Ryan. That's helpful to know. I keep wanting to jump in, but feel like I am a day late and a dollar short every time. This being no different, as I saw your note after the meeting :) Oh well! Maybe someday. I am building a pretty great list of books to read, if anything.