POST PROCESSING WITH PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 10
Saturday, March 9 and 16, 2013
$55 BPG Member,
$65 Booth Member,
Location: TRC, Room 8 1 North Gilmer Street, Cartersville
Instructor: Don Grider - Two 4 hour classes
10:00 to noon and 1:00 to 3:00
Minimum of 10 required
REGISTER BY CALLING: MARCIA DILLARD -[masked] OR
SEND AN EMAIL TO [masked]
Experience Level – You’ll need a beginner’s knowledge of Photoshop Elements 10. If you don’t have
Photoshop Elements or a computer, you can still take the workshop and you will learn the creative side of yourself and Photoshop Elements.
Prerequisite: The Basics of Photoshop Elements 10 & 11 by John Mariana or a good basic knowledge of the software.
Requirement: You have downloaded Photoshop Elements 10 and know how the basics of the software.
The Class Objective – The class is designed to give beginning photographers, and those having difficulty getting started with digital image post processing, an overview of and a step by step method for using Photoshop Elements 10. You will learn how to use Photoshop Elements with Layers and the basic tools in the Photo Editor to enhance your images. You will learn the use of the Adobe Camera Raw module to enhance, straighten, saturate and adjust contrast.
- Importing and Organizing Images to your computer
- Post processing/manipulation of images in Elements
- Color correction
- Exposure and contrast adjustments
- Cropping and removing unwanted elements from the image
- Noise reduction and sharpening
- The use of layers, masks and blend modes to unleash the real power of the program to make local adjustments to the image
- Printing and web display of photos are covered, along with suggestions for methods of further study
Don recommends that you purchase the book “The Photoshop Elements 10 Book for Digital
Photographers” by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski.
You can use the book as a reference source after the class when studying at home. It is not required for the class. The class handouts reference pages in the book. Unlimited telephone support and assistance from the instructor is available between sessions and after the class at no charge.
Lunch on your own - eat at a local restaurant.