addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Boston Asian Professionals Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for a place to live :)

Looking for a place to live :)

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is an okay place to post this but my sublet is ending in January and I'm looking for a place to live! I've attended a few of the GBAP events and the folks in this group seem like nice people and would probably make great future roommates.

Here's my info.
I am female, 28 years old and just moved out here from SF where I was working in the biotech industry.
I would describe myself as chill, friendly, nerdy, introverted and responsible. I enjoy cooking, exploring the city by foot, reading fashion magazines, listening to This American Life/Planet Money podcasts, and hanging out with friends. I like having roommates - I think it's fun! I like having people to talk to in the kitchen or maybe watch some tv with (I am a big fan of Mad Men, Breaking Bad, 30 Rock and I've been meaning to check out Girls). I am responsible and neat. I get along with most people and I am a big believer in having open communication for having a happy living situation.

What I am looking for:
rent - less than $750/month
ideally near (< 1 mi) a stop on the red line (alewife thru MIT/kendall)
move in date: Jan
If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask. My email is

A former member
You sound like an ideal roommate who knows herself. I am not much different in habit. I'm a techie/technocrat looking to move to Cambridge or Brookline myself. Problem is I'm self employed and not making enough; I'm looking for a job before I move. Keep me in mind of you can't find anybody.

I was practically born here. email:
user 14049881
Boston, MA
Hi Bertha,
I'm actually looking for a roommate for my apt nearby Harvard squ in Jan. It is a very nice 2-bedrooms of apt and nice and safe neighborhood. However, the price is higher than you expect since it gets a good location and beautiful, hardwood rooms. The rent is $950/month and fully furnished. If you are interested in this apt, please contact me, and i would like to tell you more about it and myself. :)

Tony D.
Boston, MA
I have two bedrooms for rent by Ashmont MBTA Station in Dorchester.
A former member
Hi Bertha,

I'm actually looking for a roommate in Quincy Center. It is an extra bedroom in my house. The rent is $600/month and furnished. The rent is significantly lower than rent in cambridge. It is on the redline. If you are interested, please contact me.

A former member
Post #: 2
Thank you everyone for your responses! I found a place to live :)