"Property Classifications," LeFevre, Freedom School circa 1960
"The Free Rider Confusion"
"Property Rights, Taxation, and the Supply-Siders"
Rockwell, ed., The Economics of Liberty
1. How does common property lead to a free rider problem?
2. Is this the same "free rider" problem of mainstream economics?
3. What was Gorbachev's diagnosis of the Soviet Union's economic woes?
4. Why are externalities not merely a problem for markets?
5. Why might common ownership lead to overhunting in forests?
6. What is the supply-side argument for cutting marginal tax rates?
7. What may have been a strategic error on the part of the supply-siders?
8. What is the "income effect" that Paul Samuelson discussed in his textbook?
9. What does Bethel think is even more important than tax rates in the explanation of Third World poverty?
10. How does progressive tax code promote a class system?