Boston Baby Boomers Meetup Group Message Board › Christmas Day Brunch

Christmas Day Brunch

A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Boston Baby Boomers - Are you interested in a Christmas Day Brunch? Some of the restaurants we are considering are Legal Seafoods, Red House (Harvard Square), Rendezvous (Central Square) or Vlarra Restaurant in Boston. We're also open to restaurant ideas from the members as well. If you're interested, please contact Vicki at vm90211@gmail.com.
E J
user 8410314
Brewster, MA
Post #: 29
Hi. Nice idea, but I'm not sure Red House is offering meals at that time of Christmas day. It seems however that they are open Christmas night. Vlora may not be open Christmas Day. I tried Open Table and didn't have any luck. Eastern Standard (Kenmore Square) seems to be open. Atlantic Fish Co. and Legal Sea Food are open, as is Abe & Louie's Steak House (Back Bay). E J
A former member
Post #: 6
Hello, EJ - Thanks for your post. Which restaurant would be your preference for the Brunch?
E J
user 8410314
Brewster, MA
Post #: 30
Hello, EJ - Thanks for your post. Which restaurant would be your preference for the Brunch?

My vote would be for Atlantic Fish Co. on Boylston St. I wonder if there's any interest in going to the movies afterwards? E J
A former member
Post #: 2
I'd be interested in any restaurant that has decent vegetarian options and in seeing a movie afterwards (depending on what movie).
A former member
Post #: 7
Sure, a movie after Brunch sounds great. I would like to get the Brunch planned first, and then pick a movie. Feel free to contact me via vm90211@gmail.com.
Janet
Juniperjl
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 18
I called Atlantic Fish (617-267-4000) about a brunch Christmas Day. I asked about vegetarian options. They said they have a scratch kitchen and can make things to order. Besides salads, they also have side dishes such as squash, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, and rice.

They suggested making a reservation sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps!
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks for checking it out. What I mean by "decent" is several menu entrees which are specifically vegetarian. If I'm going out to a restaurant I want to be able to have the choice of ordering a meal like everyone else and not have to piecemeal something together from side vegetables (which tends to be rather bland). But if others really want to go to the Atlantic Fish Co. I will opt out of this activity and do something else with the group another time.
Janet
Juniperjl
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 19
They implied they could make something for you from scratch. This might work especially if you call ahead. Or do you have another restaurant in mind?
A former member
Post #: 8
Hello, Baby Boomers - Have you made your plans for Christmas Day yet? As you know, I'm planning a low key Christmas Day Brunch as an alternative to family gatherings. We'll be dining at Atlantic Fish on Boylston Street at 1pm. If you are interested, please EMAIL ME directly at: at vm90211@gmail BY WED, December 19. 2012 and confirm your reservation. Please feel free to also email me your suggestions for a movie following the meal.