515 Washington Street, Boston, MA
DATE IS JUST A HOLDER UNTIL I CAN CONFIRM I HAVE THE TIME OFF. LOOKING FOR INTERESTED PARTIES AT THIS POINT.
During a ride the subject of riding from Boston to Provincetown and taking the ferry back arose. So, I mapped out a route that we could ride but there a few catches since the mileage would be 140 in one day.
1. We would have to leave Boston by 6am (that means a 5:30 start)
2. We would have to keep an avg. cruising speed of around 17 mph (mid 20's cruising speed)
3. We would have to be organized and work as a team to maintain the speed without burning out
4. You would need to take into account parking in Boston (?) and the ferry ride home, $60 (https://secure4.gatewayticketing.com/BostonHarborCruises/shop/ViewItems.aspx?CG=EXCR&C=PFOW)
5. I believe the last ferry leaves at 8:30pm so we wont be back in Boston till after 9ish
6. ALL RIDERS SHOULD HAVE THE ROUTE ON A GPS OR PHONE APP. We will slow the pace down if needed but we can't afford to continually stop to regroup.
7. If someone with a GPS or Phone app. wants to lead a second group that would be FANTASTIC!
I have potential dates of September 7th if we were to do the ride before the Pain in the Mass or Columbus Day Weekend (12th).
0 · August 13, 2013
Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.