So we finally have a place to host a general bike maintenance seminar at Landry's in Westboro.
My goal here is BASIC maintenance -- things you'll do reasonably often. My current list of things which might be interesting, but I wouldn't necessarily cover all of them:
- How to change a flat, focus on back wheel since it's the most annoying
- How to patch a tube
- How to easily remove/replace your rear wheel
- Adjusting cable tension for smoother shifting
- How to use the barrel adjusters
- Limit screws and how to adjust them
- Adjusting brakes
Cleaning/Making your bike pretty
- How to clean your bike after a ride (especially a wet and/or sandy one)
- How to de-grease everything (both the quick/easy and tedious/hard ways)
- How to re-lubricate everything
- A general overview of some of the tools used for bike maintenance. Most (all?) of this will likely be covered in the other topics.