The Boston Data Mining meetup focuses on making data mining accessible to everyone. It aims to be inclusive to all regardless if you are a beginner or expert in statistical modeling, machine learning, data mining, or any of the analytics (business, predictive, etc). Our talks will focus on the practical side of data mining and analytics by showing attendees how to perform data modeling in a variety of modeling environments, both graphical (e.g. Rapidminer) and text-based (R, Python, Julia, etc.)
• Host talks on a wide range of topics related to data mining.
• Focus talks on the practical side of data mining.
• Goal of most meetings will be build data models that attendees can use themselves
• Make data mining and data analytics accessible to everyone.
• Increase awareness of open source data mining tools
• Any and everyone who is interested in doing data mining and analytics.