Web development opportunity with an established, fast paced business providing online & enterprise solutions to scholarly and scientific publishers worldwide. As a leader in the provision of online platforms (and increasingly mobile solutions) we combine the latest technologies and business ideas to offer our customers the most flexible range of features for their online products and a solid foundation for future growth and experimentation. Continuing to push the boundaries and spot the next innovation within our space is at the heart of our strategy, to which all of our technology and business teams contribute.
We have a tremendous opportunity to join an exciting environment and be part of a growing and ambitious company as a Web Developer. As part of our new UX team the Web Developer would work with and support the US Online Division to create exceptional experiences for the users of our online publishing solutions. You will be responsible for turning polished design concepts into elegant interfaces that visually and functionally convey the aesthetics, interactivity and utility as intended by our designers and UX Architect.
If you have Web Developer experience, are a creative thinker, well organized with team experience and a good understanding of modern web usability criteria, processes and standards we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and have the following skills:
• Excellent HTML/CSS coder (HTML 5 and CSS 3 and the Semantic Web a big plus!)
• Deep experience implementing and customizing interactive client‐side technologies
• Solid understanding of cross‐browser, cross platform and cross‐channel issues related
to web development
• Experience with mobile websites and “mobile‐enabling” web applications.
• Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of best practices for adaptive web design,
progressive enhancement and responsive layouts.
• Experience integrating HTML‐based documents with relational databases, content
management systems, etc.
• Excellent grasp of what makes for good user experience; appreciation of and/or
experience with good web and software UI design
• Experience with wireframing/prototyping and other IA‐related concepts, and tools used
to create them
• Great communication, writing and time management skills; experience working as part
of a development team
• Adobe Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Axure, Visio or related wireframing software
• MS Office Suite
Comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401k plan
• Disability and life insurance
• Paid time off
Interested applicants should send their résumé, salary requirements and examples of their
work to email@example.com quoting the job reference number
More information: http://www.publishing...
Publishing Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
We have an excellent work environment in our new Downtown Crossing location. Great location, great restaurants, very convenient to transportation. Fun, energetic people who love what they do. We build websites for serious clients with massive content collections. Great opportunity for someone who is interested in future trends in web interfaces and document presentation. Mobile and tablets are also really important. We're aiming to transition to responsive design in the immediate future, so experience or interest in responsive design is a plus.