|A former member||
My client is an early stage venture developing an intelligent application for mobile e-commerce.
The VP of S/W development will be responsible for:
• Strategic planning, architecture and design of all technology, and product development activities.
• Technical direction, guidance, supervision and management of all product development activities.
• Recruit, train, manage and mentor members of the R&D team
• Hands-on software development.
• Managing of outsourcing and sub-contracting activities
• Experience in large scale cloud based mobile solutions.
• Familiar with cloud computing frameworks such as Amazon EC2 and/or Google Appengine.
• Experienced with Java, Spring, Maven
• Experience with enterprise search platform - Solr/Lucene
• Experience with Natural Language processing - text mining a plus
• Familiarity with iOS development/Objective-C desired
• Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management for cloud services.
Proven leadership ability.
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superior analytic, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Masters degree computer science