On Main Street between Eden and Mead (Parking on Main or in the school parking lot), Charlestown, MA
Please bring hockey pucks/balls and if there are any goalies or anyone knows of some, please invite them. Rules :
We want to make this experience as safe and as fun as possible for all of our members. Whether you are a novice or expert safety of our members is our number one concern. Below, we have laid out some rules which everyone must follow in order to participate. There is no flexibility or negotiating these rules:
Since we are a pickup meetup, we hold no responsibility for injury. Please take care of yourselves and ensure your own safety. Players are required to wear helmets, hockey shin guards, elbow pads, in-line skates and gloves. In-line skates will be without a brake or any brake assembly. This includes any plastic housing behind a skate’s rear wheel. Goalies do not need to wear in-line skates. The one item you may go without is a face mask (except for goalies), but at your own risk.
Either be a ball or street puck depending on surface:
GENERAL RULES: 1. All players must be a registered member of Boston Roller Hockey Meetup.
2. Jewelry is not allowed to be worn by any participant during an Intramural event. Any and all dangerous equipment must be removed prior to participation. Jewelry cannot be taped or covered with a band-aid. 3. There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for any unsportsmanlike behavior directed towards anyone. Player, spectator or referee (if we have one). You will be removed from the league for any unsportsmanlike behavior. THE GAME AND FIELD: 1. Teams will consist of four (4) players, including the goalie. Minimum requirement to start a game are 3 players and 1 goalie for a total of 4 participants. 2. Two goalies must be present for a meetup to occur. If members really want to play regardless, they may use a net blocker.
3. Games will consist of three (3), (15) minute periods, with 1 minute in between periods. 4. Additional 12-minute periods will be played until a winner is decided. 5. All apparatus and protrusions are in play unless blown dead by the referee. The scorer area, bench areas and penalty box areas are out of play. • A puck off the back wall is in play provided that it does not go out of play. A puck hitting off the wall outside the area of play will remain in play, and no whistle shall be blown. • Out of play includes the ceiling, track area, basketball structure, and outside the barriers.
• STAY OFF WALLS AND BENCH AREA - Players causing contact with the opponent and wall will be dealt with severely.
6. There is no off-sides or icing. 7. Face-offs will be held at center-court or along the two imaginary lines, created by connecting the endzone face-off spots. 8. 4 players maximum are allowed on the floor during play. Substitutions are allowed during play. 9. Offensive players are not permitted in the crease of the opposing goalie. A goal made in the instance will be disallowed. GOALIES 1. Goalies must wear protective cup, helmet/mask with cage. A fully-padded goalie must remain in the net for the entire game, except for the final 2 minutes of the game, when teams may pull their goalie. 2. Unless the ball is already in the crease, offensive players may not enter the crease. Play will be blown dead if this happens. 3. Goalies cannot be switched during a period. This can only happen if he has a legitimate injury, after which he cannot return to the surface as a forward. 4. Goalies may stop play by covering the puck. Goalies are only permitted to cover the puck in the area between the near face-off and the back wall behind the goalie. 5. Goalies cannot cross the center-court line PENALTY ENFORCEMENT: 1. Penalties can be 2-minute minors, 5-minute majors, or 10-minute misconducts. Once assessed a third minor penalty, that player must leave the game, and another teammate must serve their penalty. 2. Any penalty greater than a minor penalty (i.e. major, misconduct, game misconduct, etc.) will be cause for automatic game ejection and the team must play shorthanded for the length of the penalty assessed. VERBAL OR PHYSICAL MISCONDUCT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. • Any player ejected from the game must leave the facility immediately. • Any player ejected from a game will automatically be suspended from the meetup.
3. This is a NON-CHECKING MEETUP. There is to be no contact between players. Incidental bumping is not considered contact. If a player intentionally endangers a player, they will be dealt with accordingly: • A mild check will result in a 2-minute minor penalty. • Any form of forceful contact will result in a major penalty and will result in ejection from the game, and meetup.
• Penalty shots are stop time, not running time with game clock. 4. Sticks may not be lifted above the crossbar at any time. This includes the goalie. A high sticking penalty will result. 5. If a goalie intentionally throws his/her stick, a penalty shot will be issued to the non-offending team. If a player (non-goalie) intentionally throws a stick, a 2-minute minor penalty will be issued to the offending team. 6. A slashing penalty will be called on any player who slashes or attempts to slash an opponent with their stick. Thank you