addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Walking Meetup Group Message Board › full moon is Jan3 North shore hike

full moon is Jan3 North shore hike

mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 17
Hi walkers,

I plan to walk again during the full moon here on the north shore.
3 Jan is Wed, which isn't the best evening for me to walk. So if your flexable
as to which evening to walk, I'm open to picking the evening tue thru thursday
that has the clearest sky.

The place I like to walk is north of Beverly.
What time is best to start walking? Want to get pizza afterwards? or before?

What's upir opinion?

dayhiker
A former member
Post #: 1
A friend and I would like to try joining you. We are up for walking and need more detail as to what level this would be at. We work in Concord NH but may be able to get to the north shore. Our better evening is Thursday. The ideal would be Friday. We work a half day on Fridays! :)
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 18
Hi Joan,
The hike is pretty easy, its about 4 miles all flat. We will park
in a Audibon property that is between Rt.97 and Rt. 1A just north of
Beverly, MA on Cherry street. One will need some warm clothes and
a head lamp or flash light.

I just realized today, I don't know what time the moon rises
this coming month. Last moth the moon was up nicely by 7PM.
I'll figure that out and post how that will effect the walk.

Thursday will work for me, I'm not sure if Friday will.

Thanks for letting me know your interested. I'll keep you informed.
dayhiker
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 19
Hi all,
Well, the moon will be high in the ski by 7pm, si if we get a cear night there will be lots of light, some now would make it even brighter. So plan on joining me for this 4 mile walk.

I pray your have a happy New year
dayhiker
A former member
Post #: 2
As it turns out, this Friday is going to be another Christmas get together with my family. We tend to be all over the states on Christmas day and then take a week or 2 to catch up after! I wasn't sure which night you will be walking and I had suggested Friday. Just in case, I didn't want you to make plans around me. Hopefully my friend Sherry and I will be able to join the walking group another time. Joan
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 20
Hi Joan,
Ya, its a busy time of the year. So I understand.
I'm glad you posted, you's was the only feed back I got, so it was much appreachiated. I'm usually busy on Friday nights, so that's why the walk doesn't work for me on Friday. A week from Saturday night, 6 Jan, I probably could go walk then. Should still be a fair amount of the moon out then, 3 days after full.

dayhiker
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 21
Hi all,

Just a quick not to say a few people have emailed me to express interest in hiking on both the Tues. the 2nd and Thur. the 4th. So I'm planning to walk both nights. If you were thinking you might be alone, looks like you can join a small group at this point.

dayhiker
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 23
Hi again,
Weather looks good and there are some people that walk to walk.

If anyone would rather meet at Dawson hardware's parking lot on 1A let me know. We can carpool from there. Meet there are 6:40.

Both walks 2 Jan and 4 Jan are on by the way.

looking like a nice walk
dayhiker
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 25
Jan3 walk ... unfortuantly the people that thought they could make the walk ended up not being mable to make it. So I fot to enjoy one of the most peaceful night walks of my life. No wind, clear and a great temp for a walk.

Hope you can join me on the 4th .. weather is looking just as good.

dayhiker
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 26
HI,

Had one person show up for the walk tongiht. We had a nice walk, keep the pack up so we overed the 4 miles in god time. The conversation was also very interesting. It was hard to believe that it was Jan. At one point in the walk be both commented that it was as if we felt this warm air blowing on our face. Sure enough when I drive back into town the bank said it was 6 degrees warmer than 2 hours earlier. he more I thought about that the stranger it seems. Clear Jan nights are normally nights the temp trops fast, but tonight there was this warm air blowing at 8PM!

I'll post another walk on the north shore in a week or two.

dayhiker