addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Walking Meetup Group Message Board › walking during a snow storm

walking during a snow storm

mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 22
Hi all,

During the snow storm yesterday I remembered walking in a storm when I was young in northern Maine. It was so quite and peaceful. I'm not talking blizzard but a gentle snowstorm. This worked well in a small town where there was no traffic and snow plows waited till quite a bit of snow had built up.

Anyone interested in trying to do a walk in a snow storm? Where would we walk?
Couldn't plan too long ahead. So how would we plan it?

I guess a blizzard could make an interesting walk and leave one feeling macho afterwards! I could ask a sexist question if any guys would like to try that! ... OK, any anyone (including ladies) like to walk in a blizzard?

Dayhiker
Tina
user 3275604
Randolph, MA
Post #: 3
Sure, anytime.
We only need the snow now.
Also, I live on the south shore and getting to the North Shore could be treacherous in a storm. Are there any walkers on the South Shore?
mark
dayhiker
Woburn, MA
Post #: 24
Yes, Tina, I'm sure a snow walk would have to be local.

If someone takes email addies and the loca people plan a place then
a walk might be able to be put together in a day or so before the storm
arrived.

its a work in progress. Now if only more people would post!

smile
dayhiker
A former member
Post #: 3
I've walked my dog in all sorts of weather including a blizzard and while I don't like the cold, I must admit that there is something magical about that. I live west of Boston (in Ashland) which is why I haven't gone on any of the walks yet. Hopefully this year.