June 20, 2013 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Buying Distressed Mortgage Notes and Other Distressed Asset Types Presented by Kim Harrington and Peg Graveline Northeast Capital Investments, LLC
Kim and Peg will discuss how they ended up in the note buying business and how they make money with distressed mortgage notes while at the same time helping people stay in their homes. A distressed mortgage is a mortgage in which the borrower has a pattern of making late payments or is in danger of entering foreclosure. Banks and other lending institutions often sell off distressed mortgages if they need to raise money quickly or believe that the loan has a good chance of entering default. Kim and Peg will also discuss other ways they are working in the distressed asset market, including short sales, REOs, and bulk asset purchases.
You’ll learn the answers to these question:
- Why purchase distressed mortgage notes?
- Where do you find distressed notes?
- How do you analyze a note before purchasing?
- How much should you pay for a 1st or a 2nd distressed note?
- What are the steps to making money on distressed notes?
- How and when does the note become profitable?
- How can YOU get involved in the distressed note business?
- What other distressed asset types are out there and how can you make money with these asset types (Short Sales, REOs, Bulk Asset Purchases)
5:30 PM Networking, 6:30 PM Meeting, June 20, 2013
Crowne Plaza, 320 Washington St., Newton, MA
Free for members; $25 for nonmembers and Meetup members