On the fourth Wednesday of each month, BACA hosts an evening of Open Mic Cabaret. Cabaret, jazz, torch songs and show tunes are typical for these evenings, but other reasonable genres include pop, soul, folk, soft rock, ballads, etc.
If you want to belt out a song or two, or just come to watch and support all levels of performers, please join us at this very friendly and fun evening.
Admission is $10/$13/$7 (members/singers/audience). Where else in Boston can you get so much entertainment for such a low price? *You may want to inquire about BACA's $40 annual membership for cost savings on events as well as other wonderful benefits!.
Sign-ups to sing and the show begins at 7pm (the earlier you arrive, the more of a chance you can sing two songs!). Also, in order to sing, you will need to bring sheet music so the pianist can accompany you, optimally in your key.
- Two blocks from Watertown Square.
- Mass Pike Exit 17, go north on Centre/Galen St, left on Main St, right on Church St.
- By public transit, many buses go there, including #71 from Harvard Square.
- Many restaurants within easy walk.
- FREE parking available in the bank lot adjacent to the church off Summer St., additional free parking on Summer St. If no lot or street parking available, there is a large municipal parking lot one block away between Church and Spring Streets behind the CVS and Stellina's restaurant.
- Church has Steinway Model B grand piano and concert acoustics.
- FYI the church's web site: http://fpwatertown.org
- Google Map and Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/8MBJp
Accompanist: Tom LaMark
Please come by, say hello, and enjoy the show!