Dec 4, 2010 · 8:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Marc Amos and Ruthie BenDor are co-leading a free full-day workshop all about building your first site in EE. Over the course of the day, we'll be building a full ExpressionEngine website, and you'll build it along with us, so bring your laptop!
Here's the rough outline for the day:
- 8:30am - 9am: Conversation and coffee
- 9am - 10:30am: System Setup. Hosting considerations, installation walk-through, a tour of EE's directory structure, and tips on upgrading an existing installation.
- 10:30am - 10:45am: Coffee break
- 10:45am - 12:30pm: EE and Your Content. We'll talk channels, custom fields, categories, and fieldtypes, and give some tips on importing existing site content from another system.
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm: Lunch!
- 3:30pm - 5pm: Add-ons. We'll cover the six kinds of add-ons available in EE (expansions, extensions, fieldtypes, modules, plugins, and accessories), and walk you through installation of each type.
- 5pm - onward: Enough programming, time for a beer. We'll repair to the nearest drinking establishment for conversation and unwinding.
This workshop is free of charge thanks to the generosity of our sponsors:
- Cambridge Innovation Center for hosting us
- Hanerino for providing coffee and snacks
- Booyant and Height & Hands for providing lunch
- EllisLab for donating a licensed copy of EE2 for our demo
- EngineHosting for donating web space for our demo
- AteDrake for demo site design