There is just a few spaces left for the ?Fashion Design Meetup?. Remember it is ONLY for fashion designers, whether beginners or established. It will be very interesting to see how various designers answer the questions for you. It is surprising to discover each one?s unique experiences for success. You must join our sister meetup ?Fashion 2010? Click http://www.meetup.com/fashion2010/
and then RSVP for the ?Fashion Design Meetup? on Feb. 17th. Here?s the 7 questions that the established designers will be answering:
1. For those who now have a business, how did you get started?
2. Do you have experiences with ?designing as solutions? especially in relation to consumer market research?
3. How have you approached pattern making, especially for production in building a line?
4. What are your methods for fabric sourcing, and do you have advice on the difficulties today?
5. How do you produce your designs, or get sewers ? and finding the right production equipment if you do it yourself?
6. What are all the methods you have used for selling your products? How did you choose them? Do you have any creative ideas for selling?
7. How do you do your costing/pricing to assure a profit while being the right price for selling?
Lets welcome new members:
SARAH McMANUS, Fashion stylist, wardrobe consultant, freelance writer
NICOLE, Aspiring layout editor, fashion magazine & amateur photographer
NARA PAZ, Work in high fashion
DANIEL RECHEL, Online retail, profits for charity
ERNIE CHIN, Rep for 9tailors, a DIY custom dress shirt company
SOTT EVANS, Fashion photographer
SHERI MASON, Attorney for artists, designers, photographers
EMILIE H. Aspiring model
HELEENA NORVETTE, Personal shopper & image consultant
MICHAEL DURWIN, Marketing designer
DON JACKSON, Online communication/collaboration for fashion design community
JESSICA, Event Planning
SIGRUN JONSDOTTIR, Organizing a fashion show
Shirley, Assistant Organizer
[address removed] http://www.shirleywillett.comhttp://fashionsolutions.blogspot.com/http://www.linkedin.com/in/shirleywillett