Title: IT infrastructure expert who can code
Location: Boston, MA area
The ideal IT professional may come from a highly collaborative research
setting. You must have experience working with a highly intelligent and
fast paced engineering team who has everyone jump in and code as needed!
* Assist in the maintenance and management of internal/external
* Design, develop and maintain middleware services
* Ability/willingness to jump in with developers and do some
* Communicate effectively with multiple disciplines
* Work at a fast-pace and meet deadlines
* Document and present ideas to others with competence and
* 4+ years working as a network engineer managing desktop systems,
networking components, and servers in a production environment.
* 2+ years configuring and managing Linux/Unix (RHEL a plus, RHEL
and Sun Solaris a double plus)
* 3+ years managing LAMP and/or J2EE-based web applications
* 3+ years hands-on administration experience with Windows XP,
2003, 2008 Active Directory, Terminal Services, Exchange 2003, 2007
* Experience managing firewalls, VPNs and host-based monitoring
* Knowledge of IP networking and routing
* Expert knowledge of infrastructure services/protocols including
DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSL, NAT, switching, VLAN, etc.
* Ability to automate tasks using Cron, Perl (or similar), Shell
* Demonstrable experience configuring and managing MS Exchange
* Ability to specify, setup and configure Dell and Sun servers
* Computer Science degree or related technical discipline
* impeccable references
* Experience with VOIP/IP Telephony is a PLUS
Job Order #[masked]
Only e-mailed resumes in Word format will be reviewed. If you already
have a working relationship with an NDT recruiter, please contact that
recruiter directly. Otherwise, please submit your resume to POSITIONS @
We respect your privacy and will discuss with you our processes before
your resume is presented to client companies. Please feel free to
forward this position to your colleagues.
Celebrating our 31st Year, New Dimensions in Technology, Inc. (NDT) is a
permanent technical placement company specializing in Technical and
Tech-Business professionals. NDT is WBENC and SOMWBA certified.