IT Job Seekers Greater Boston (Java, .NET, SQL, LAMP, etc.) Message Board › UI Eng/Developer – Java – Eclipse – MVC – Threading - SW Firm – Up to $120K+
Position Title – WRUIE022013
UI Eng/Developer – Java – Eclipse – MVC – Threading - SW Firm – Up to $120K+ DOE - N. 128 Area MA
Base + Excellent Benefits
Candidates Local to Mass. Only – No sponsorship
Innovative, well funded, fast growing, and highly successful Software Start-Up. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to join an innovative organization and grow as it grows. Rated as one of the best companies to work for in New England. Great products – innovative technology – seasoned management team – tremendous opportunity and upside – great culture.
Join a winner and contribute to their future success.
Position Responsibilities - Summary
As a developer, you have probably used advanced Integrated Development Environments in your day-to-day work. Ever wished you could work on one? Would you like to make a difference in the daily productivity of developers who use the leading Complex Event Processing (CEP) platform, to build event processing systems?
My client’s platform is used to build some of the most advanced data processing systems in the world. Their product enables rapid development of flexible, high-performance applications, meeting the needs of demanding customers in financial services, intelligence, e-commerce, and telecommunications.
User Interface engineers at my client, design and implement features for developers who use the firm’s product, an Eclipse-based IDE product, to build CEP applications. The product provides end-users with a complete visual development environment, including but not limited to a visual editor based on GEF, unit test generation wizards, Eclipse debugger integration, JDT integrations, and much more. Other products in their suite that UI engineers work on include a Live View Desktop, which enables visualization of real-time streaming data.
Successful candidates must be self-reliant and resourceful and enjoy working with other smart, motivated people.
Your primary responsibilities will be to participate in the design and implementation of new features for one of the firm’s product, an IDE used by developers ranging from novices to experts. You will also work on user interfaces that analyze and visualize data from a Live Viewer product, a push-based real-time analytics solution for event data.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
· Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design.
· Fluency in general Java development, using JDK 1.5 and higher.
· Proven ability to design and implement desktop applications with effective graphical UIs.
· Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively in a team.
· Experience working with cross-functional teams involving development, QA, documentation, and technical support.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in at least one of the following areas:
· Experience developing for the Eclipse Platform, especially including fluency with SWT/JFace, JavaFX, or Java Swing. Knowledge of EMF, JDT, and GEF. RCP development experience is applicable if it includes developing a target application similar to the base Eclipse IDE, using concepts such as the Workspace, Builders, Markers, and Annotations.
· Solid experience with UI patterns such as MVC and UI threading.
Resumes in Microsoft Word Format to:
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - GaryWright@WrightAssociates.org - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org