Technology Job Seekers Greater Boston Message Board › Manager QA – Investment Mgt – Boston, MA Area – Outstanding Package
Position Title – WRCOBMQA052013
Manager QA – Investment Mgt – Boston, MA Area – Outstanding Package
Excellent Base + Generous Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits – Excellent total package
Local Candidates Only – No Sponsorship
Please review the specifications carefully and apply only if you meet the majority of the key requirements.
Smaller, elite, and very successful financial services firm. Great culture & environment - Collaborative – Team Oriented – Technology Focused – People Oriented.
Looking for the Best of the Best
The QA Manager will work with leaders and team members in the Information Technology group to develop and implement high-quality software in support of the overall company goals and objectives. The Manager will report to the Director, Application Development and have direct management responsibility for a group of 5-7 full-time employees and contractors.
This is a C#/.Net/SQL Server environment with the majority of applications written in-house.
As a technology leader tasked with ensuring our software products adhere to the highest quality standards, the Manager will work with his or her team to execute and implement testing best practices as part of a development process tasked with developing robust and reliable applications. The Manager will contribute to the overall software methodology of the firm, and be responsible for the quality of the code and management and development of the team members. Essential functions of this position will include, but are not limited to:
· Work with the Director, Application Development and others to understand the Information Technology needs of various stakeholders and oversee the testing, delivery, and support of applications and integrated solutions to meet those needs
· Partner with Managers, Application Development to prioritize testing needs, provide coverage and testing support for the entire suite of applications
· Coach employees to be effective in their roles; partner with direct reports to ensure professional development opportunities
· Provide vision, clear direction and day-to-day oversight of software testing, issue tracking and prioritization, escalate to senior management when product testing reveals issues that put the delivery or the firm at risk
· Ensure documentation and compliance of relevant IT systems, procedures, and policies
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who appreciates the rewards of working for a successful firm in a dynamic environment in support of an eclectic, global investment strategy across every asset class.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate for the role should possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
· Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 10 years related experience; 5-10 years doing direct software quality assurance testing, coupled with 2-5 years managing and leading teams of quality assurance engineers.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field preferred
· Extensive experience synthesizing and executing test plans
· Hands on experience building automated regression suites and frameworks
· Deep domain knowledge in the investment management/financial space
· Demonstrated track record of successfully testing sophisticated and data intensive applications
· Team player with a "can do" attitude and a willingness to jump in and help test when needed
· Must have the breadth of experience, personal maturity, interpersonal skills and diplomacy to interact effectively with all levels and functions across the organization; proven ability to intelligently articulate complex technical knowledge to business users
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience testing, delivering and supporting applications using a variety of Agile methodologies with exceptional organizational, time management and project management skills.
· Strong respect for core company values such as intellectual curiosity, respect, accountability, and intellectual honesty and the ability to pass those values on to others
Contact Information – (Resumes in Word format please)
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - GaryWright@WrightAssociates.org - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org