Boston "Onyxbirds" Travel Group Message Board › Get Ready For An Onyxbirds Trivia Contest - Win Discounts On Airfare To St.
If you're interested in going on the Onyxbirds St. Maarten adventure, there's an opportunity to win a $300 discount (winner) or a $150 discount (runner-up) off your airfare!
"What's that?!!", you say? Well, here's how it would work. We'll pick a Sunday evening and have a virtual Onyxbirds Trivia Meetup! You'll receive 30 questions and all of the answers will be available somewhere on our Meetup site. You'll have 3 hours to search out, compose and submit your responses via e-mail. The first two players to submit all correct or the most correct answers will win. Ties will be decided based on the receipt time of the submitted responses.
What you need to know:
1) The discounts are only valid on Delta Airlines
2) The discounts are made possible through the "Buy With Miles" program; a combination of Delta Skymiles (frequent flyer mileage) and The Delta Skymiles Credit Card.
3) The tickets must be purchased by Tbird using his Delta miles and his Delta Skymiles credit card.
4) Winners must provide the balance of the airfare to Tbird at the time of ticket purchase. For example, if the airfare at time of booking is $500, the winner would give $200 to Tbird and the runner-up would give $350 to Tbird in order to have their tickets issued. This would reflect the $300 and $150 discounts, respectively and reimburse Tbird for the upfront outlay to purchase the tickets with his credit card.
5) Each ticket must be purchased by Wednesday, January 16, 2013. Otherwise, the respective prize will be forfeited.
6) The tickets will not be eligible for Delta Skymiles accrual or Delta complimentary upgrades.
7) The tickets will be non-refundable and non-changeable.
8) If the winner or runner-up is unable to participate after winning (but before their ticket is purchased), the third place participant will receive the forfeited prize and must follow the same rules.
If this sounds like a good opportunity to you, please respond to this message right now to show your interest. If we get at least six members who want to participate, I will set up a Meetup between now and December 16th.
Also, please take a moment to share your availability for each of the following dates:
Sunday, December 2 from 6pm to 9pm - Y or N
Sunday, December 9 from 6pm to 9pm - Y or N
Sunday, December 16 from 6pm to 9pm - Y or N
We'll pick from these times for the event.