Boston "Onyxbirds" Travel Group Message Board › Meetup details changed: First Fridays ICA Summer Block Party Surfin' USA

Meetup details changed: First Fridays ICA Summer Block Party Surfin' USA

Tonya
snorover
Boston, MA
Calling all Dudes and Dudettes for this Fridays meetup, Surfin' USA at the ICA.
I've updated this Meetup with the Event Schedule as well as included it in this email.
Once agan, let me say, how truly grateful I am to Daphne for the GREAT idea to get us together for this SUPER FUN TIME. At the last Monsoon First Fridays, she and a few others braved the elements attend. Daphne and a few kind Onyxbird souls have kindly offered to greet folks this week.
THANK YOU, Daphne, Tbird, Maurice and Simone for answering the call.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
PLEASE MENTION IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW WHICH YOU'RE INTERESTED IN AND THE TIME YOU'LL BE THERE IF YOU WANT ONYXBIRDS TO JOIN YOU
Live Performances by Abadabad
Live music on the waterfront by surf-rock band (and Boston natives) Abadabad.
Two sets of cool summer tunes start at 6:30 and 8pm.

Island Creek Oysters
Island Creek oysters available for purchase at the pop-up oyster bar from 5-9 pm. Shucking demonstrations available throughout the evening.
For more info, visit icaboston.org/visit/oysterbar­

Spotlight Talks
Spotlight talks available in the galleries every 30 minutes from 6:30 - 8:30 pm.
Learn about the work of San Francisco artist (and avid surfer) Barry McGee.
Galleries will be open until 9:30 pm (extended hours)!

Music
Boston's own DJ Evaredy spins West Coast favorites and other tunes all evening long.

Photo Booth
The First Fridays photo booth is back! Gather with friends and strike a pose.
Images will be loaded to ICA Facebook page and available to download on Monday, July 8.

MINI Lounge
Exclusive seating for ICA members and MINI Cooper owners. Stop by to enjoy a screening of old-school surf videos, or redeem your drink ticket for a complimentary Harpoon Brewery tasting (while supplies last)!
ICA First Fridays are 21+.
THE POST BLOCK PARTY GATHERING TO DINE, DANCE OR BOTH WILL BE DECIDED BASED ON INTEREST.
SO PLEASE MENTION IN THE COMMENTS AT THIS LINK, http://www.meetup.com/BostonOnyxbirds/events/123614332/­
YOUR CHOICE:
1) DINE
2) DANCE
3) DINE AND DANCE

For more details, see the full listing: ­http://www.meetup.com/BostonOnyxbirds/events/123614332/­
When: Friday, JULY 7, 2013 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM
Where: The Institute Of Contemporary Art 100 Northern Avenue Boston, MA 02210

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)
You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.