|From:||Jacques Pardo / Atlas S.|
|Sent on:||Friday, April 26, 2013 11:22 PM|
Just wanted to let you know about this free event if you are in the Northampton area!
ARABIC CULTURAL FESTIVAL
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Smith College Campus, Davis Lawn
Rain location: Davis Ballroom
google map link: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10+Prospect+Street,+Northampton,+MA+01063&hl=en&sll=42.036922,-71.683501&sspn=3.643064,8.453979&hnear=10+Prospect+St,+Northampton,+Massachusetts+01060&t=m&z=17
The Arab Cultural Festival is the first ever festival organized to celebrate Arabic arts and culture at Smith College and in the Pioneer Valley. The festival showcases the arts, music, cuisine, traditions, and, most importantly, the spirit of the Arab world.
* Enjoy free Arabic music, dance, poetry, calligraphy, henna hand designs, handcrafted gifts, sale of Arabic and Middle Eastern books, and activities for children and families
* Learn about Five Colleges Arabic programs and study abroad opportunities and experiences
* View murals from the Iraqi Children's Art Exchange: a trans-cultural project
* Food available for purchase from two local restaurants: Amanouz and Mosaic
• Atlas Soul Group: Rock ‘N Rai Middle Eastern and North African Funk music
12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
• Layaali Arabic Ensemble: Traditional Middle Eastern music
2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
• Cheb Yassin: Algerian Rai singer
4:00 - 5:00 p.m.