Boston World Music Meetup Group Message Board › I have to share this with you!

I have to share this with you! Please feel free to forward it to your world music lovers friends!

Jacques Pardo / At...
JacquesPardo
Watertown, MA
I am copying bellow an email from my friend Banning Eyre. This is the best news I got in a while! Music lovers from every walk of life please enjoy those gems! Jacques

As most of you know, I’ve worked for 26 years with Afropop Worldwide, the award-winning public radio show hosted by Georges Collinet. I’m writing now to let you know that we have just announced the (re)launch of our podcast on iTunes. From now on, every new episode of Afropop will be available in full as a FREE download. And we'll soon be offering additional web-exclusive podcasts as well.

From ground-breaking work like our research trips to Sierra Leone, Angola, or Egypt, to classic episodes featuring musical legends like Fela Kuti and Gilberto Gil, Afropop Worldwide takes listeners on an unparalleled journey through the music and culture of our African planet.

If you’ve used our podcast in the past and been frustrated that it was too short, too infrequent—whatever….forget all that. It’s now a rocking offering with a number of excellent full-length offerings, and many more coming.

As we roll out the new podcast, ratings count a great deal. So I am asking you to use this link to listen, download, subscribe, sample—as you like. And IF you like, please give us a good iTunes rating or review, and please spread the word through your networks, friends, etc. We are currently applying for grants for next year, and showing strong numbers and reviews on our podcast will help a lot.

Thanks so much, and now….here are the links!

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/afropop-worldwide/id121621170?mt=2­

Other podcasting options: http://feeds.feedburner.com/afropop/podcast­

Happy listening,
Banning