Free event! February meeting of the Boston New Technology Meetup - 26th edition!
Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech and use the #BNT26 hashtag in social media posts: details here.
Products / Presenters:
1. Lucidel / @LucidInsights - Web analytics platform with revolutionary layers of data for marketers who want more in less time. (Ariel Assaf) www.Lucidel.com
2. Bandwagon / @GetOnBandwagon - Plan and join activities with friends using the power of discounted deals and free experiences! (Tushneem Dharmagadda / @Tushneem) www.HopOnBandwagon.com
3. RSmeP - Provides event hosts with customized floor plans & table layouts, allowing guests to choose where & with whom they sit at an event. (Peretz Chein) www.rsmep.com
4. Request-Now / @RequestNowApp - Makes it simple and hassle-free for DJ's to compile song requests from their audience. (Guy Aridor and Matt Auerbach / @mauerbac, @itsaguytalking) www.Request-Now.com
5. GelSight Inc. - 3D imaging, measurement and reconstruction of micron-scale surface features. (Bill Yost) www.Gelsight.com
6. Registry Recon / @ArsenalRecon - Computer forensics tool that digs deep into Windows Registry data. (Mark Spencer) www.ArsenalRecon.com
7. HabitRPG / @HabitRPG - Habit tracker app which treats your goals like a Role Playing Game. Level up and earn "money" for virtual goods. (Tyler Renelle / @lefnire) www.HabitRPG.com
6:30 to 7:00 - Networking with pizza provided by Foley Hoag and beverages provided by McGlynn, Clinton & Hall Insurance Agencies.
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 8:20 - Presentations, Q&A
8:20 to 9:00 - Networking
9:00 - More networking over drinks across the street, at The Whiskey Priest, 150 Northern Ave. (at Seaport Blvd.), Boston, MA. (optional)
Directions & Parking:
Public Transportation: Foley Hoag is in the Seaport West building, right next to the MBTA Silver line World Trade Center Station. Walk 1 block north on World Trade Center Ave and you will see the building on your left. You can also walk there in 15 minutes from the MBTA Red line South Station.
Driving directions: Use this Google Map. There are parking meters along Congress St, Seaport Blvd, E Service Rd and Boston Wharf Rd and two open-air parking lots just east of the building (along E Service Rd), which charge $14-15 for the evening.
Meeting space and pizza dinner has been graciously provided by:
Foley Hoag LLP - Foley Hoag’s Technology & Entrepreneurship Collaborative (TEC@FoleyHoag) helps entrepreneurs in Boston’s Innovation District make the connections they need to turn their great ideas into hot new companies. This collaborative is dedicated to finding ways to help entrepreneurial “heroes,” leading technology venture capitalists and industry experts connect with each other to further the success of the technology industry in Boston. TEC@FoleyHoag will be hosting monthly meetings, with the launch event held on Thursday, February 28th and featuring a talk from Boston Globe columnist Scott Kirsner, who will present on “Boston's Innovation Ecosystem Circa 2013: What's Happening, and What You Can Do." Find more information here. Follow @FoleyHoag and join them on facebook. www.FoleyHoag.com[masked]
Beverages for the night are provided by:
McGlynn, Clinton & Hall Insurance Agencies, Inc. - For over 50 years, the McGlynn, Clinton & Hall insurance agencies have worked hard to provide our customers with the insurance coverage and financial services they need. Whether you have a multi-million dollar business with hundreds of employees or just need home and automobile insurance, our knowledgeable staff will make sure you have the right amount of coverage at the best price. Follow @LLMcGlynn. www.mchinsure.com 1-[masked]